Initial Bike Fit
The initial bike fit is for athletes who would like to benefit from a professional bike fit with Noa and have not worked with her previously.
Bike fits are done either at Bicicletta bike shop (233 West Broadway), or Fortius Sport (Burnaby). Noa also travels to other locations for bike fits on an 'as needed' basis (Vancouver Island, Okanagan, Squamish/Whistler and other provinces) - however availability depends on scheduling and the time of the year.
The bike fitting process takes 2-2.5 hours.
- A consultation to review your riding and athletic history, goals and objectives, current and past injuries, current training/riding, etc
- A basic flexibility and structural assessment
- Dynamic capture of an enormous amount of dynamic data from your pedaling stroke and tracking of all the moving parts of your body simultaneously while you ride your bike under different workloads, looking at both left and right side individually
- Adjustments to your position on the bike and cleats, as needed
- Technique & posture while riding, including prescription of exercises and technique correction, as needed
- Digital measurement of the bike at it’s final set up, using the Retul Zin
- After the bike fit, you will getan email with files containing your position on the bike (left and right), your bike position and geometry and several bike fitting related fact sheets
- Email support following the fitting during the adaptation period (Typically 2 weeks)
Sometimes we will split the bike fit into two parts and you will be asked to follow up with a health care professional (physiotherapist, chiropractor, sports medicine) before completing the bike fit.
- Eyes. Observing you while you ride and using years of bike fitting experience is as important as any gadget!
- We are extremely proud to be the FIRST bike fitting studio in Canada to use the Retul 3D dynamic motion caption bike fitting tool. Noa has spent some time learning from Todd Carver of Retul and has been fitting hundreds of athletes using this tool since the beginning of 2008
- For key instant & visual feedback, Dartfish video analysis software is used, if needed
- Retul Zin for measuring bike geometry
Initial road, mountain, cross or other bike fitting: $300 (+gst) | Triathlon bike fitting: $325 (+gst)
The cost of an initial bike fit with Solestar insoles is $600 (+gst), which is a savings of $50
- For mobile bike fits within Vancouver, bike fits on Vancouver island, lower mainland BC or anywhere in Canada and the US, please get in touch to discuss your needs (Travel costs apply).
- Special, heavily discounted fees are available for high performance development athletes, youth and junior athletes. Please email for details.
Bike Fit 'by the hour'
Available for those who have been previously fitted by Noa and would like to get fitted again. Because bike fits are dynamic in nature, a bike fit 'by the hour' can be done several months, a year, or more after the initial fit to make sure you are still dialed in on your bike. Most athletes come in for a 'by the hour' fit because of changes in range of motion, changes in fitness level, different goals, a second and/or new bike, different bike shoes and/or saddle, etc.
The tools used and the process is the same as the initial bike fit.
You will be billed in 15 minute increments, based on a fee of $150/hour (+gst)