Whistler Training Camp - June 15-17th 2018
Welcome to the 6th edition of our Whistler training camp, to be held on June 15-17th! While this camp is held in the current home town of 70.3 and Ironman Canada, we have always treated it as an all inclusive, 'equal opportunity' training camp catering to athletes racing all triathlon distances, from sprint distance to Ironman, along side cyclists. All ability levels welcome and all camp plans are adjusted to fit the goals and ability level of each individual attending the camp.
The camp includes challenging training sessions, appropriate down time for recovery and relevant workshops. In addition to a boost in fitness, confidence and knowledge, each athlete will also get a swag bag and other surprises.
Below is a general camp schedule (subject to change closer to camp start date).
Friday, June 15th
- 8:00am: Swim at Lost Lake (60-75 mins)
- 9:30am - 10:45am: Workshop - Recovery modalities, latest trends and practices
- 1:30pm: Ride (60-90 mins)
- 5:30pm: Workshop - Race day fueling and hydration - Q&A
- 7:00pm: Group dinner (optional)
Each athlete will get an individual race day nutrition plan. However, this plan will be developed individually BEFORE the camp start date, to make sure the proper fueling products can be used during the camp and the plan can be implemented properly. Athletes will be guided by Noa and get worksheets and information sheets.
Saturday, June 16th
- 6:30am: Long ride on the 70.3/Ironman race course + Run off the bike (distance/duration depends on individual goals/ability level)
- 4:00pm: Workshop - Mental strategies, tips and tricks and current practices
- 6:30pm: Group dinner (optional)
- An additional run may be added for short course athletes
Sunday, June 17th
- 8:00am: Swim at Lost Lake (60-90 mins)
- 10:00am: Long run on the 70.3/Ironman race course (distance/duration depends on individual goals/ability level)
- 3:00pm: Workshop - Nutrition for recovery and a strong immune system + Q&A
- Before March 31st: $385
- Before May 15th: $400
- After May 15th: $425 (if spots are available)
Prices subject to GST | Space is limited