Everyday fueling solutions include a variety of services to help you with all your sport nutrition needs:
- Nutrition assessment
- Nutrition consulting
- Custom meal planning
- Group meal planning
A comprehensive nutrition assessment to get you jump started, provide you with the necessary tools, information and individual strategies to fuel your performance in training (but every day life too) in the most effective way.
- A comprehensive questionnaire
- A consultation to get to know each other, review your nutrition history, training & racing background, explore your specific needs & set goals
- You will provide a 7 day food diary and your training schedule to be assessed
- Personalized report full of recommendations, advice and resources based on your individual needs, training and racing goals / schedule will be emailed prior to our second meeting
- During our second consultation, we will discuss the results of the assessment, the information in the report and you will get answer all your questions
Please allow for ~2 weeks between the first and second consultation. The first consultation is ~30 minutes in length and the second one is ~45 minutes. Additional follow up consulting time can be scheduled as needed (see below).
Optional: You can add a grocery shopping experience to help you stock up your kitchen with whole, healthy foods! Only $50 (+gst) when purchased with this nutrition assessment.
The consulting program provides you with a reliable resource to all your questions. My job is to keep up to date with all the latest sport science research and information out there, filter through it, and then share my knowledge with you. There is so much information out there – it can be very confusing! I strive to answer all your questions in an easy to understand way and help you create a strategy that will be applicable to your individual situation and needs.
Consultations can be done on the phone, face to face, via Skype or email and are available for athletes, coaches, personal trainers and other health care professionals. You can be local (Vanvouver, BC) or anywhere else in the world!
Within the realm of sports nutrition, areas of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Weight management
- Race day fueling & hydration
- Travel planning
- Nutrition for extreme weather conditions (cold, heat, altitude)
- Meal preparation & grocery shopping
- The effect of specific nutrients (ie. carbohydrates, protein, fats, vitamins & minerals) on your training & performance, including nutrition timing
- The role of nutrition for athletes suffering from overtraining syndrome and/or chronic fatigue
- Gluten free eating for athletes
- Recovery, injuries, adaptation to training
- Annual nutrition plans
- Race day nutrition
- Fill in a questionnaire to provide background and ask your questions, to allow us to be best prepared to help you
- Your information and questions are reviewed prior to our consulting appointment
- Consulting session, where we discuss your questions, come up with solutions, etc
- 1-2 x short follow up emails
Consulting solutions are billed at a rate of $100/hour (+gst). You will be billed in 15 minute increments or consulting time will be broken into several sessions to suit individual needs.
- 3 x 1 sessions (or 3 hours): $270 (+gst)
- 6 x 1 hour sessions (or 6 hours): $500 (+gst)
- 10 x 1 sessions (or 10 hours): $750 (+gst)
Pre paid consulting sessions are valid for 1 year from date of purchase
Custom Meal Planning
Take the guess work out of your fueling plan! Meal plans are based on your training needs, featuring delicious, quick and easy, real food recipes, idea and strategies. Meal plans are designed to help you choose the right kinds and amount of food to eat, as it relates to your training. Each plan is customized to suit your individual needs, training plan, age, food preference, etc.
Each day in the meal plan is designed to provide the right kind and amount of nutrients to support your athletic goals. It includes simple, healthy & tasty recipes and/or suggestions for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
- Initial evaluation of current habits and fueling needs
- General fueling recommendations
- Custom one week (7 days) meal plan, featuring 3 meals + 2 snacks per day, with recipes
- Grocery list
- Kitchen/cooking tips and tricks - preparation is key!
- Follow up email (1-2 emails)
$180 (+gst). Additional weekly meal plans are $100 for 7 days (+ gst)
Group Meal Planning
A general meal planning subscription, sent out weekly. Every week, each subscriber will get:
- 6 dinner recipes
- 3-4 lunch recipes / ideas
- 3-4 recovery snack ideas / recipes
- Sport nutrition tips, relevant to training, recovery and performance nutrition
- Weekly nutrient/food highlight
- Weekly cooking tip / trick
- Monthly - $20 (+gst)
- Quarterly - $50 (+gst)
- Yearly - $190 (+gst)
Those who subscribe for 3 months or longer will get a general guide on how to incorporate the meal plan into your training plan and schedule, including nutrient timing, how to determine carbohydrate, protein, fat and caloric needs, time saving tips and general guidelines on how to adapt the plan to your own needs.